[EM] Determining Approval from Interval CR ballots

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Mon Oct 20 16:16:02 PDT 2003

I want to point out that this method of deciding approval contributions
depends on having at least two candidates with non-zero probability
(except for the extreme CR zero width intervals).

Consequently you can only get 100% probability for a single candidate as a
limiting case or in a special case where there is enough information in
the extremes of the CR interval to decide the winner.

Because of this I must retract my claim that a CW would necessarily be an
equilibrium winner.

Forest