[EM] "Leader of the Free World" Project

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 14 16:04:36 PDT 2003

Markus,

 --- Markus Schulze <markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de> a écrit :
(Tengvall description moved to the bottom)

I think you may have misunderstood Tengvall's method:

> In short: The Tengvall winner is that Schwartz winner A whose
> worst pairwise comparison with another candidate B (measured
> by the absolute number of voters who strictly prefer candidate B
> to candidate A) is minimal.

I believe it is rather: that Schwartz winner A whose worst pairwise comparison
with another candidate B (measured by the absolute number of voters who strictly
prefer candidate *A* to candidate *B*, plus the number of voters ranking them
equal) is *maximal*.

If I've understood Tengvall correctly, these ballots:

49 A
24 B
27 C>B

produce a B-C tie.

Scores: A:B 49:51, A:C 73:51, B:C 73:76

Seems something is lacking here.  Tengvall should be alerted.

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr