[EM] lower preferences

Gervase Lam gervase at group.force9.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 15:29:15 PDT 2003

> Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 18:23:28 +0200 (CEST)
> From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Kevin=20Venzke?= <stepjak at yahoo.fr>
> Subject: Re: [EM] lower preferences

> Donald wants high-utility candidates (at least, high-utility for SOME
> group). I would recommend Approval, but Donald seems worried that voters
> will not be smart enough to properly place approval cutoffs.

During the thread about how Condorcet can choose a "turkey" candidate (I
think), there were quite a few people who posted how they would rank all
of the various election methods.  However, Donald gave a set of Cardinal
Ratings for the election methods instead.  First came IRV, which got a 10.
Second came Approval, which got an 8.

Thanks,
Gervase.