[EM] real-world Condorcet election

Gervase Lam gervase at group.force9.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 18:59:02 PDT 2003

> Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:41:52 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Alex Small" <asmall at physics.ucsb.edu>
> Subject: [EM] real-world Condorcet election

> Other interesting feature:  Apparently the pairwise results yielded a
> transitive ranking of all 10 states.  There weren't even cycles among
> some of the less popular losers.  Remove the CW, redo the pairwise
> results, and there's a new CW.  All the way to the end.
>
> Anyway, here's a real data set for us to have fun with.

If "more interesting" results are required, I suppose the ballots cast in
the Debian voting could be used for analysis instead.  I think Rob
Lanphier mentioned this in Election Method message 1176.

Debian now use Condorcet Schwartz Sequential Dropping for electing project
leaders and for proposals/referenda and have been for a year or two.
Interesting to note that a couple of past Election Methods contributors
have been involved with Debian...

Thanks,
Gervase.