[EM] Re: Approval Strategy A- Question for Rob LeGrand

Rob LeGrand honky1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 17:32:04 PST 2003

Forest wrote:
> CRAB stands for Cumulative Repeated Approval Balloting.
> The ballot-by-ballot mode is automatically "Cumulative."
> The "batch mode" of Lorrie Cranor is not cumulative.

That's correct.  I wasn't clear that I wasn't talking about CRAB in my last
post.

> I believe that CRAB will eventually find an equilibrium with C in first
> place in David's example.

My calculation agrees.  C is chosen by CRAB with strategy A.

> What is the function of "last own vote?"

Nothing important, really, but it's used to implement what I call strategy
B (the Poll Assumption in section 7.4 of Approval Voting by Steven Brams)
and strategy I (adjust your previous Approval strategy just enough to
differentiate between the latest top two candidates).

=====
Rob LeGrand, psephologist
rob at approvalvoting.org
Citizens for Approval Voting