[EM] Re: touch screen voting machines

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Wed Nov 12 13:48:35 PST 2003

At 1:35 PM -0800 11/12/03, Forest Simmons wrote:
>What if you were given several receipts, and only you know which is the
>real one.  One of the fake receipts could be used to satisfy the mafia.

Don't think this would work.

For election verification purposes, should you complain that your
specific vote was not recorded properly, a third party would need to
be able to verify that the receipt you gave them was valid.

I was also interested in attempting to verify the information you
provided in an earlier message:

   Besides the outright scandals there are the suspicious results:
   For example, three Republican candidates in three separate elections
   counted by machines supplied by the same company with tight Republican
   connections win by the exact same margin of votes, some improbable number
   like 10,800.

I have checked hightowers lowdown...is the the article you grabbed
that information from:

   http://www.hightowerlowdown.org/articles/oct03_v5_n10/oct03_v5_n10_1.cfm

but was unable to read the entire article as I am uncertain whether I
want to subscribe.

Does anyone happen to have URLs to newspaper reports on these
incidents and numbers?

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu