[EM] The "Turkey" problem and limited ranks

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Mon May 26 12:16:02 PDT 2003

Kevin,

You seem to be making the case that voters shouldn't express their
preferences between candidates they don't like.  I really disagree with
this premise.

For example, let's say that among the candidates on the ballot, there's
a bumbling idiot, and a genocidal maniac.  I want to be able to make
sure that my preference for the bumbling idiot over the genocidal maniac
is recorded.

Rob