[EM] Truncation and 4 dimensional voting

josh at narins.net josh at narins.net
Sun May 25 05:07:01 PDT 2003

I bet some people would not look fondly on being forced to choose
whether they liked John Hagelin or Lenora Fulani better.

Remember when I mentioned three dimensional voting?

Well, how about four dimensions!

Voting on a matrix, instead of a ranked or approval ballot, allows the
voter the most freedom to express themselves EXCEPT when confronted by
the following...

Each voter Vx has a different ballot Bw for each state of the world
W[1..x]

IF the recent allegations concerning Buddy's friends are true...

  Able Buddy Chuck
A        A     A
B  A           A
C  A     A

Otherwise, as long as the Able doesn't come out for free ice cream...

  Able Buddy Chuck
A       B      B
B  B           B
C  B    B

But if aliens hit Earth before inauguration day...

  Able Buddy Chuck
A        B     C
B  B           C
C  C     C

Since the number of possible states of the world are infinite, I doubt
anything more than the first question would ever become necessary.