[EM] Re:The "Turkey" problem and limited ranks

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Fri May 23 01:25:01 PDT 2003

 --- Chris Benham <chrisbenham at bigpond.com> a écrit :
> Forest,
> For the purposes of this discussion, what exactly is a "turkey" ?

Just thought I should say that I don't think Forest ever used the
term "turkey" outside of the "Re: Turkey problem" subject heading.
I brought it up, so I'll answer.  Practically, a "turkey" is a
candidate who would receive very few votes in an Approval election.
The "turkey problem" is the fear that an unknown, or even
universally disliked candidate could be the CW if there are no
candidates with broad support.

Limited ranks address the problem only in the same way Approval does,
but to a lesser extent as ranks increase.

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr