[EM] How to convert a set of CR ballots to a set of Approval ballots

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Jul 30 17:07:37 PDT 2003

Both amalgamation rules give the same result in the case of n=3, and
perhaps that is the only case that is really needed:

Each voter rates each candidate with a three, one, or two to
express definite approval, definite disapproval, or somewhere in between.

In this case the two slots not containing candidate X are the slots that
are amalgamated to yield the approval ballot.