[EM] How to convert a set of CR ballots to a set of Approval ballots

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 29 19:38:27 PDT 2003

 --- Forest Simmons <fsimmons at pcc.edu> a écrit :
> This method recursively converts a set of CR ballots with resolution n to
> a set of CR ballots of resolution n-1, and stops at resolution two, i.e.
> approval ballots.

Nice.  I do believe I'll program this, and see how likely this is to produce
the CW given strict rankings, no truncation, and n==NumberOfCandidates.

I suppose you've put some thought into its manipulability?  It seems like
it's probably pretty sturdy, since the "crunch" to resolution two is so
gradual...

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr