[EM] Voting debate - missing the target

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Mon Jul 28 20:41:02 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:18:27 -0400 Eric Gorr wrote:

> If anyone is interested, you can find the official FEC voting systems
> standards at:
>
>   http://www.fec.gov/pages/vssfinal/vss.html

Thank you.  Perhaps we need to look at this zillion words BUT:

Presumably equipment that has been delivered qualified according to the
standards.

We are told that some of the delivered equipment DOES NOT perform as needed.

We are told that testing the equipment, by voters or those they chose
to represent them, to verify whether it performs as needed is forbidden by
a contract clause.

Seems to me that this combination of statements, if true, identify the
standards as being inadequate.
--
davek at clarityconnect.com  http://www.clarityconnect.com/webpages3/davek
                  If you want peace, work for justice.