[EM] Request comments on MMP?

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Mon Jul 28 15:58:02 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:59:24 +0100 James Gilmour wrote in part:

> Olli wrote (> ):
>
>>It required a Yahoo ID number which I don't have, as far as I know.
>>

> Yes, I thought you might need a Yahoo ID to get access to the FILES archive, ie you must become a
> member of the Yahoo Group where this archive is stored.  (I could not test this as I already have a
> Yahoo ID.)  The MESSAGES archive is open and can be read by anyone.  I have been having problem with
> my own webpages, otherwise I would have posted a copy there.  I'll let you know when that site is
> working again.

Yahoo ID gives you a single ID to access all your Yahoo groups and related
services.

They WANT you to have one because they can be more useful (and maybe make
an extra buck but, face it, they could not provide the service they do
without getting some income from somewhere).

Thus getting an ID is fairly easy (just respond when they complain that
you do not have one), except they hope for profile information - you can
skip most of this as I do, but they might do better with selecting ads for
us if they had a clue as to what we might like.
--
davek at clarityconnect.com  http://www.clarityconnect.com/webpages3/davek
                  If you want peace, work for justice.