[EM] Arrow's Theorem.

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Jul 16 12:49:04 PDT 2003

Dear Markus, Alex, et.al.

I understand what you are saying, and have acknowledged that your points
of view are perfectly logical and valid interpretations of the IIAC.

I'm not sure if there is a universally accepted version of the IIAC, but I
prefer the version that doesn't require the voters to go back to the polls
if a losing candidate withdraws between the time the ballots are collected
and the time they are counted.

This scenario seems much more likely to happen than getting the voters to
return to the polls or adding a candidate after the ballots have already
been collected.

Forest