[EM] Question for STV-PR supporters

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 16 08:30:08 PDT 2003

To me STV is the best actually used model,
but it can be improved to be fully proportional and
reduce the length of candidacies' list.

With the sampling component of SPPA,
you can do the equivalent of only one huge large-magnitude district of let's say 146
seats,
and each voter would have only one candidate per party to choose from
(plus some independents that are interested to run for specific debates).
Fully proportional, but it keeps the advantage of single-seat candidacies,
just read http://www.fairvotecanada.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=8&forum=1&4.
For 146 seats, the sampling can be done using the date of birth (day, month, even or
odd year).

I would gladly answer questions...

Stephane Rouillon
PS: I can send a word version of SPPA model on demand...