[EM] Arrow's Theorem. - what ask more than STV

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 14 21:59:06 PDT 2003

The difference between Mr. Speer version and yours,
is your interpretation of this:

>"If a candidate is removed from the ballot, and people's preferences remain
>the same - they do not strategically change their votes - then the
>winner will still win."

He supposes removing some candidate would not change voters's (yes/no)
threshold's
position. You suppose it could. Theorically, you are both right. Voters do not
change
their preferences order. They only change the part they choose to explicitly
express on the ballot.

On another subject, what ask more than STV, I still answer SPPA.
It is an improved-STV, fully proportional and with only one candiate
per party per voter so main complains I have just read from our Australian
colleague
vanish...

S. Rouillon