[EM] The responsiveness of Condorcet

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Sun Jul 13 05:42:01 PDT 2003

At 8:04 AM -0400 7/13/03, Dgamble997 at aol.com wrote:
>I still believe that for single offices Condorcet is too favourable
>towards candidates of  parties who successfully position I still
>believe that for single offices Condorcet is too favourable towards
>candidates of  parties who successfully position themselves in the
>centre.

I don't understand what your problem is with electing candidates who
are the most preferred by the majority of people. Isn't that the
point of single-winner elections?

Or is your real problem with single-winner elections as you would
rather see everything move to PR?

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu