[EM] The art of the possible, & request for info

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Wed Jul 9 10:12:21 PDT 2003

At 10:20 AM -0400 7/9/03, John B. Hodges wrote:
>Greetings- In the past few days I've noticed that the folks at
>www.fairvote.org, the Center for Voting and Democracy, are not only
>pushing IRV as a political reform here in the U.S.

I ended up writing to those people they listed as supporting IRV and
got the following response back:

Thank you for your email message.

I looked at the links that you provided and am not persuaded.  However, if
you would like to provide a guest editorial arguing against IRV (less than
1,000 words) we will consider it for publication at our alternative daily
news web site.

You may also want to have a look at a previous essay we published, which
argues directly against one of the links that you provided:

http://www.progress.org/2003/altman06.htm

Hanno T. Beck
banneker at progress.org
Banneker Center for Economic Justice

This person would at least seem to be willing to listen and I would
encourage people, who are more knowledgeable in this area then I, to
present credible counter-arguements.

How would you respond to:

   http://www.progress.org/2003/altman06.htm

for example?