[EM] request for reading matter

Adam Tarr atarr at purdue.edu
Tue Jul 1 08:23:02 PDT 2003

Eric,

You're right of course - all I meant by that was that a calculator that
uses winning votes can be made to produce the margins result.  All you have
to do is replace all truncation with an even split of votes.  For example,
if A beats B pairwise, 40-30, with 30 voters not voting, then replacing
that with A beating B 55-45 will give the equivalent margins result.

Of course, I prefer winning votes, so I wouldn't do that.  But the option
is there.

-Adam