[EM] James Green-Armytage wrote on July 16 2003

Donald Davison donald at mich.com
Sun Jul 27 01:50:02 PDT 2003

James Green-Armytage wrote on July 16 2003

   "What it it about the Israeli parliament which proves that high district
magnitude is a mistake in general?"

James, In the beginning of the Israeli parliament, they would give each
very small party (much less than a quota) at least one seat so that it
would be represented, but over the years the number of these very small
parties expanded greatly to the point that together the distortion of their
represention also expanded greatly.

This is the only mistake of the Israeli elections, otherwise, for a small
country, a single district is acceptable, party list or STV.

Last I hear there was talk about changing this.  I don't know if they did.

Donald,