Condorcet definitions

Alex Small asmall at physics.ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 20 22:17:57 PST 2003

MIKE OSSIPOFF said:
> Why not just call a methods a "Condorcet Criterion method" if it
> meets Condorcet's Criterion.

Works for me.  Of course, I have a hunch that people will quickly shorten
it to "Condorcet method" anyway but there's only so much one can control.

> Nanson was used in Wisconsin for a while. So far as I know, the only
> Condorcet Criterion method ever used in public political elections.

When was this?  For what elections?  I'm originally from Wisconsin.  I'm
curious why it was adopted and why it was abandoned.  Anyway, if you can
point me to a reference (be it on the web or from a library) that would be
great.

Alex

----