[EM] 1-Person-1-Vote has been abandoned.

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 15 05:26:03 PST 2003

I do not hate Middle, I just dislike under and over representation
when it comes from the system...

As for a complete mathematical and thorough definition of
reciprocal fairness, try this.

Suppose two sets, S1 the set of voters and S2 the set of candidates.
Suppose an electoral method that produces scores for each candidate.
If you can split S1 in |S2| subsets each of a cardinality equal to the score
obtained
by the corresponding candidate, you can link these two sets using a bijective
mapping. Each voter contributes to one and only one candidate.
If an electoral method produces scores that verify this property,
it respects reciprocal fairness.

Is this well defined enough for you?
Steph.