[EM] Final Conclusion on strong FBC!!!!!!

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Jan 2 18:31:36 PST 2003

Alex, how do you generalize to more than three candidates?  Is it still
Top 2 or does it become Median Rank and Above?

Or could you make it "Above Lowest Rank" or "Non-truncated."

It seems to me that any of these would satisfy the FBC, and all are
equally valid generalizations of the three candidate Top 2 method.

If fact, giving one point to each of the non-truncated candidates would be
instrumentally equivalent to Approval, and so would satisfy the usual FBC,
while the additional expressivity would make it satisfy the Strong FBC in
the same sense that Top 2 does (as well as Joe Weintein's Five Slot
Approval).

Am I missing something?

Forest

----