[EM] invitation to participate in encyclopedia

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 20 00:03:45 PST 2003

I'd like to second this plea.  I've spent a lot of time on Wikipedia,
which has been very well spent from an education and advocacy perspective.
Wikipedia is making incredible progress in quality of content, quantity of
content, readership, and general reputation.

If you visited it early on when I first pointed it out to this list last
year (or so), go back and look again.  The depth of material on voting
systems alone is truly impressive.  However, there's still a lot more work
to do, and this group is ideally suited to do that type of work.

Rob

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Dan Keshet wrote:
> I'm interested in election systems (I was briefly on this list before being
> deluged with mail, and still read it sometimes via the archives).  I'm also a
> volunteer editor with Wikipedia ( http://www.wikipedia.org/ ), a free
> encyclopedia that is collaboratively-edited by volunteers from around the
> world.
>
> I have started a project to document basic knowledge about election methods at
> Wikipedia, and I would like to encourage everybody on this list to come
> participate with the project.  The homepage of the project is
> at http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Voting_Systems
>
> You can also see a list of all election-method-related articles at:
>
> http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_voting_systems_topics
>
> For an introduction to editing on wikipedia, please read:
> http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Welcome,_newcomers
>
> If you have any questions, you can e-mail me or ask them on the Wikipedia
> itself.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan Keshet
>
> ----
> For more information about this list (subscribe, unsubscribe, FAQ, etc),
> please see http://www.eskimo.com/~robla/em

Rob Lanphier
robla at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~robla