Population paradox

Narins, Josh josh.narins at lehman.com
Wed Feb 5 10:27:45 PST 2003

The article is kinda funny.

One, as I already showed, the smallest states get less than their share in
2000, and they got less than their share in 1990 (which I have checked, but
not shown here)

The article states "Of course, politics also played a role in the outcome,
as it always has: the switch from Webster's to Hill's method in 1941 gave
one more seat to Arkansas and one less to Michigan, which essentially
guaranteed one more seat for the Democrats (the majority party)."

However, iirc, the census of 1940 had the rules from the previous census
applied, and the MEP was not applied to census data until 1950's census.

So, the "politics" he is referring to didn't exist.

Although his chart at the end is impressive, it pales compared to the charts
I will show.

When?

Later, sorry.

My website is "working" but it still requires a lot of work, and I had no
plans to include this material == more work still

ciao for now

----