[EM] Vote Management

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 11 15:33:03 PDT 2003

These systems have a spreading support problem because they allow voters to
vote for several candidates (either one after another using residual
redistribution or at the same time when approving multiple candidates).
Single-member methods which allow rallying to cope with vote splitting issues
do not  have such problem. Usually instead they have a worst proportional
problem. Again, SPPA is single-membered, totally proportional and preferential
so it allows loosers to regroup.

Please read and comment:
http://www.fairvotecanada.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=8&forum=1&4

A french version of this text with a slight modfication that garantees many
stable bipartite coalitions for a reduced mandate has been selected for
hearings by the Commission des Institutions de l'Assemblée Nationale du
Québec...

I bet 20$ (CAN) with anyone that this is the last election held in Quebec
using FPTP as is...

S. Rouillon