Confirmed!: Condorcet efficiency of IRV > 2-stage runoff

Steve Barney barnes992001 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 13:23:09 PDT 2002

EM-List:

Here's my next question. Can you provide me with some examples where
the IRV method elects the Condorcet Candidate, but the 2-Stage Runoff
does not? Also, can you explain how to contruct or find such
examples?

Thank you,
Steve Barney, student
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
United States
PS: I already tried contacting "Dimitri Vandercruyssen," the author
of the more recent of the two articles which I cited in my previous
message, using the email address for which is listed in it
(<Dimitri.Vandercruyssen at econ.kuleuven.ac.be>), but it bounced.

=====
Richard M. Hare, 1919 - 2002, In Memoriam, http://www.petersingerlinks.com/hare.htm