[EM] Florida

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Mon Sep 16 01:56:29 PDT 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:24:00 -0700 (PDT) Alex Small wrote:

> Bart Ingles said:
>
>>I love it...
>>  http://www.wfts.com/stories/020911govsrace.shtml
>>

>>>"It's not just Florida. It's a national problem," said Rob Richie,
>>>executive director of the Maryland-based Center for Voting and
>>>Democracy. "We will have lots of problems in the next two months."
>>>
>>I wonder which problems Richie means, and why the next two months?
>>

> Which problems?  Probably sloppy election procedures.
>
> Why next two months?  Evidence of such sloppy procedures may pop up in
> late primary elections, preparations for the general election (if we're
> lucky enough to catch it in time) and after the general election (if we're
> unlucky).
>
> Is it just me, or should we cut Florida loose and ask Puerto Rico to take
> its place as a state?  ;)

Perhaps keep Palm Beach County?

Can't help bragging, but I read that Palm Beach uses the same brand as the
made-in-Owego machines I have seen in local shows.

--
  davek at clarityconnect.com    http://www.clarityconnect.com/webpages3/davek
   Dave Ketchum    108 Halstead Ave, Owego, NY  13827-1708    607-687-5026

----