[EM] Answers to selected Steph statements

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Mon Sep 16 01:19:56 PDT 2002

I do not have time to decipher all the alphabet soup tonight but:

Assuming the voters are thinking plurality and vote:
      6 A
      5 each for B and for C and for D
     39 E
     40 F
      then F better win, Condorcet or IRV.

Assuming two A voters get religion and vote:
      2 A>B>C>D>E>F
      then Condorcet or IRV BETTER see that the winner (and CW) has
changed to E!

Dave Ketchum

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 05:10:56 +0000 MIKE OSSIPOFF wrote in part:

> I'd said:
>
>  >
>  >He's still CW. Truncation doesn't change who's CW. CW
>  >is about
>  >sincere preferences, not votes. Nor does it
>  >change the fact that a majority of all the voters have
>  >indicated on
>  >their ballot that they prefer one candidate to
>  >another.
>
> Steph replied:
>

> Once you face the S2 set of ballots "in the box",
> how can you know if it comes
> from an S1 set which has been truncated for strategical purpose,
> or if S2 is the sincere ballot set?
>
> I reply:
>
> It doesn't matter, except that if that candidate is a sincere CW,
> then we can apply SFC. If he's a member of the sincere Smith set
> then we can apply GSFC.

  davek at clarityconnect.com    http://www.clarityconnect.com/webpages3/davek
   Dave Ketchum    108 Halstead Ave, Owego, NY  13827-1708    607-687-5026
                    If you want peace, work for justice.

----