[EM] Condorcet and the Muller-Satterthwaite Theorem

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue Oct 22 14:39:26 PDT 2002

Good question.  I wonder if "Pareto Efficient" means the same as
satisfying the Pareto Condition that we are all familiar with and that you
use in your proof sketch.

I know that the name Pareto is associated with various related but
distinct concepts in game theory because the referee of a paper that I
co-authored on the subject of "consensus halving" and related fair
division problems asked if we could show that the method was Pareto
Efficient, by which he meant that no participant in the consensus
division procedure would have an incentive to lie about any of her
preferences.

Forest

----