Monotonicity & Pareto efficiency

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:30:32 PDT 2002

It's been shown here that BeatpathWinner/CSSD is monotonic, and
that PC is monotonic. It seems to me that no one here has shown
that RP is or isn't monotonic. But even if it isn't, the difficulty
of finding a nonmonotonic RP example means that its unlikely
nonmonotonic example, if there is one, won't be a problem.

I believe that all the Condorcet versions mentioned above comply
with Pareto, but I don't have a demonstration of that.

Mike Ossipoff