[EM] Additional Thought about strong FBC

Alex Small asmall at physics.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 3 21:55:51 PDT 2002

I restricted the categories of voters or ballots to eliminate from
consideration truncation or equal rankings of candidates.  I suppose that
we could admit into consideration ballots that rank lower choices equally,
while still indicating a unique first choice.

I don't know whether this helps or not.  In general, I suppose that the
option of ranking lower choices equal gives voters more opportunities to
protect their interests without betraying their favorite, the whole point
of the  strong FBC criterion.

Alex

----