[EM] Why is XML perfect?

Narins, Josh josh.narins at lehman.com
Tue Oct 1 05:36:32 PDT 2002

Thanks Matt!

---my quick take on the OASIS system below--

Their system is a bit dubious.  I mean, do you want "Contact Info" (your
mailing address, Email, Tel, Fax) stored on your vote?

I don't.

What kind of (expletive deleted) vote notes whether or not the VOTER is
affiliated with the military. or which gender, or what ethnicity (as _if_
there is a way to determine that for everyone).

Another note.  The entire 2000 election would have fit in under 2.4
terabytes in my system, and that would have given California a really
manageable system.

OASIS's system looks 10 or 100 times as big per vote.