[EM] Strong FBC, Majority Rule, and Condorcet

Elisabeth Varin/Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 2 08:57:17 PST 2002

Alex, I agree with your analysis.

I would even continue. Thus it would seem
that no method can satisfy the FBC criteria
(I consider majority rule mandatory).
If anyone thinks he knows one, please
send it to me, I will search for a counter-example.

No method is strategy-free, there is always a ballot
distribution that can encourage insincere preferences.

What we should aim to is to minimize
the occurence of distributions which such a possibility.
Actually, this would be a good way to compare
winning-votes and relative margins criterias for
ranked-pairs.

The main problem I have now is to justify the relative
probability of A>B>C compared to A>B?C.
Anyone has an idea?

Steph.

----