[EM] Why protect voter-median candidates:

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 13:16:11 PST 2002

Steph--

In my recent message, I forgot to tell one of the main reasons why
it's important to protect voter median candidates:

Voters insist on it. They'll do whatever it takes to do so, even
if it requires favorite-burial strategy, as it does with Plurality,
IRV, and Condorcet(margins). So why not use a method that lets people
protect the the CW, the voter median, lets them enforce majority rule,
without favorite-burial.

Mike Ossipoff