11/08/02 - RE: [EM] Need IRV examples - Voting Show:

Donald E Davison donald at mich.com
Sat Nov 9 02:03:19 PST 2002

11/08/02 - RE: [EM] Need IRV examples - Voting Show:

Greetings List members,

James of course is correct, but why isn't that obvious to anyone else?
James is like a breath of fresh air.  (this list needs a breath of fresh air).

I find it amusing when these cult members expose themselves.  The sad part
is that they don't feel they have said anything wrong.  It's like when
MikeO talks about his special defination of `Majority', he too doesn't feel
he is saying anything wrong.

These Condorcet and Approval Voting members of `The Cult' pretend to be
educated and so intelligent, so it is good to see behind the mask and know
they have Shine-Ola for brains (so would that make them only so-so
intelligent).  All this talk about Consistency and Monotonicity violations
is nothing more than gobbledegook to hid the fact that they are trying to
decive the public into rejecting Irving and accepting some deceptive method
like Condorcet or Approval Voting (or one of their many variants).

I never noticed this example before.  I now see that I should pay more
attention to EM letters, I'm missing out on the humor on this list.

Anyway, what needs to be said is that Forest's letter has been on this list
for one whole week and not one member of `The Cult' said that there was
anything wrong with it.  That means that they are either `circling the
wagons' or else, they too think it is a good example to use to bad mouth
Irving (either way that proves they are all so-so intelligent).  The policy
seems to be that any member of `The Cult' is free to say anything, no
matter how outlandish, and the fellow travelers of `The Cult' will not
object, they may even defend.

For example, this Bart guy rushes in where angels fear to tread and exposes
himself in a vain attempt to defend the example.

No one should light a lantern to look for an honest man in `The Cult', one
cannot be found in there.

James of course is an honest man (that could be a problem on the EM list).

Donald Davison

Subject:  [EM] Need IRV examples - Voting Show:
On the 30th of October, Rob LeGrand asked for voting examples for a Voting Show.