[EM] Multiple-winners contest n.2 and next

Elisabeth Varin/Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Thu May 16 07:47:41 PDT 2002

I assume Mr. Schulze got the same results.

Candidates were:

A)Mixed Member Proportional representation with usual
  districts, Tideman with margins and open lists
  http://www.fairvotecanada.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=22&forum=1&1
  (Stephane Rouillon)

B)Hare-Davison - A New STV Election Method, using usual districts
  http://www.mich.com/~donald/instant.html#Hare-D
  (Donald Davison)

Multiple winners methods election n.2
15/05/2002: 15 members using Approval Vote
A: 2 votes
B: 2 votes
12 Blank ballots - tie.
We do not need a winner.
Participation rate: 20%.
Ballots were 1:A, 1:AB and 1:B.
Comment: I hope new proposals to arrive soon.

Minimal number of members for single winner methods election n.3
was locked at 24.
Minimal number of members for multiple winners methods election n.3
is locked at 28.

Actual Candidates for the next single-winner iteration are:

A)Alternative Vote or Instant Run-off Voting
  http://condorcet.org/emr/methods.shtml
  (Donald Davison)

B)Ranked Pairs with margins
  http://condorcet.org/emr/methods.shtml
  (Blake Cretney)

C)Approval Vote
  http://bcn.boulder.co.us/government/approvalvote/
  (Rob LeGrand)

D)Plain Condorcet with winning votes
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Electoral_systems_designers/message/41
  (Mike Ossipoff)

E)Ranked Pairs with winning votes
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Electoral_systems_designers/message/41
  (Mike Ossipoff)

F)Beatpath Winner with winning votes
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Electoral_systems_designers/message/41
  (Mike Ossipoff)

G)Top Two Runoff - French presidential system
  (Donald I need a message reference where you could
   precise the use of a preferential ballot so 1 voting round
   could be enough to gather all the information)
  (Donald Davison)

H)Cumulative Single-Seat
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Electoral_systems_designers/message/62
  (Donald Davison)

Vote will start at 24 members. Take a break.
Read about proposals and recruit.

Have fun, Steph.
PS: Please, send nominations or comments about secracry any time,
and please vote!

----