[EM] 05/13/02 - The Education of Poor Richard:

Michael Rouse mrouse at cdsnet.net
Tue May 14 13:04:31 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Carey" <research at ijs.co.nz>
To: <election-methods-list at eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [EM] 05/13/02 - The Education of Poor Richard:
> Not "which criteria" maybe, but instead which premises are rejected.
>
> You maybe do not understand: the Ossipoff burying rule is rejected or it
> isn't. There are not graduations with which methods get passes but instead
> there is an shortage of rules because those that made the blunder of
> backing the Ossipoff rule, have not provided a weaker replacement. It
> start to seem quite unpromising now since you have not conceded anywhere
> that the need to have the rule rejected was apprehended

There is no "maybe" about it, and reading the rest of your response brings
no further understanding. Since we apparently are not speaking the same
language, and further effort in understanding what you are trying to say is
unlikely to be rewarded by any form of enlightenment, I will gracefully
concede whatever point you were trying to make.

Michael Rouse
mrouse at cdsnet.net

----