Democratizing the Senate (II)

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Mon May 6 20:54:42 PDT 2002

Alex wrote in part-

I came up with a proposal that conforms much more easily to Article V (no

state shall lose its equal suffrage in the Senate without its consent).  It

isn't an ideal democratic method, but it is a step in the right direction.
---
D- How about ZERO Senators per gerrymander State -- equal suffrage.

See the mindless junk in Federalist No. 62 attempting to justify the
existance of the Senate.

One price of the Senate (admission of one free and one free State generally
from 1789 to 1861) = the 620,000 dead in the U.S.A. Civil War.

The dead are hopefully remembered.   The totally evil and rotten to the core
ANTI-Democracy Senate lingers on and on producing the conditions (i.e.
lunatic laws) for Civil War II which will be much much worse than Civil War I.

It continues to amaze me about folks who want to try and give a *fix* to keep
a rotten regime going.

The 3 forms of government, as in the last 3,000 plus years = Democracy,
Oligarchy, Monarchy (direct or indirect in each case).

The Senate is one of THE most dangerous indirect oligarchies on Mother Earth.

----