Strong FBC

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Thu May 2 12:20:30 PDT 2002

Alex wrote-

I agree with your objections.  I realize that the computer can only go by

the (possibly) insincere input of the users.  However, as Mike phrased his

original post he said that the sincere CW is found when voters have

complete info and act to optimize their outcomes.  Since burying favorite

might optimize your outcome, I wonder what would happen if everybody gave

their sincere info to a program and let it decide if they (as individuals)

would be better off burying the favorite.
---
D- This churning is endless.

The computer or human will count the votes as cast (whether or not those
votes are sincere or insincere).

Will the voters be forced to state --

this is my sincere vote --- [sincere vote]

this is my insincere vote --- [insincere vote]

The standard circular tie -- *Sincere* votes (or perhaps even a pre-election
poll)

34 ABC
33 BCA
32 CAB