[EM] Modeling elections

Blake Cretney blake at condorcet.org
Wed May 1 20:04:25 PDT 2002

Elisabeth Varin/Stephane Rouillon wrote:

 >Mr. Cretney,
 >
 >excuse my limited comprehension, but just for curiosity 2 questions:
 >
 >Ranked pair (with margins) would give result really near Condorcet I
 >suppose?

My model has everyone voting one-dimensionally.  As a result, there is
always a Condorcet winner, so all Condorcet completion methods would
give the same result.

 >How would IRV do ?

I don't know.  It's a little harder to implement than the others, so I
didn't bother.  There is no reason that it wouldn't apply.

---
Blake Cretney

----