[EM] 03/29/02 - Rob Richie Letter and Non-Monotonicity:

Elisabeth Varin/Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 29 22:25:55 PST 2002

>Non-monotonicity is a `Paper Tiger'.  It needs a bogus example in a
vain
>attempt to prove that IRVing is supposed to be bad for you.

           8: A,C       5: B,A      4: C,B            [end of quoted
text]
+
1000: A,B
1000: A,C
1000: B,C
1000: B,A
1000: C,A
1000: C,B

Maybe I am mistaken, but this example seems very realistic to me.
And monotonicity is still a problem using IRV....
Examples are not bogus, they are just simplified for an easier
understanding.

I use IRV in my model but I still search for a better method,
I have not yet finished adapting ranked pairs but I think it
can lead to a better result...

Stéphane Rouillon.