[EM] Addendum to Markus reply

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 20:21:03 PST 2002

If someone points out that I haven't shown that there's a ranking-set
consistent with the pairwise defeat magnitudes in my example, I
reply that Blake showed that, by adding some as-yet unknown constant
to all the pairwise vote totals, we can make any set of pairwise
vote totals into an example that is consistent with some ranking-set.

Doing that doesn't change what happens in
my example. The order of the defeats' magnitudes is unchanged. The
pair-ties are still pair-ties.

So if I'm right about what Blake showed about that, it isn't necessary
to post a set of rankings for the example. There's a set of rankings
with which RP can choose outside the Schwartz set, and with which
there are no equal defeats.

Mike Ossipoff