[EM] EM Advisory Council

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Jul 25 15:48:34 PDT 2002

Three of the charter members (Josh, Alex, and Joe W.) have acknowledged
their membership in the EMAC.

At minimum from now on the charter members can cite the EMAC as an
organization to which they belong that supports Condorcet methods and
Approval over IRV.

Slightly more than minimum would be to vote from time to time on
applications for admission to membership.

More than that would be to vote for a name change or a more formal
organizational structure, set of by laws, etc.

I'm content with what we have now.  It gives me a convenient way to send a
message to the public that there is a diverse group of individuals who
study the ins and outs of election methods, and that this group generally
considers Condorcet methods and Approval to be superior to IRV.

Forest

----