[EM] Monotony and consistency - 3 examples

Joe Weinstein jweins123 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 01:56:01 PST 2002

I've just received an EM-list copy of my original message, 'Monotony and
consistency'.  This copy mangles the intended spacing in the tables for the
IRV and (especially) Median examples.  In my email program, the more-or-less
correct formats re-emerge when I try to reply to or forward the EM-list
copy, but for insurance it may still be worth giving a narrative version of
the Median example votes.  In Precinct P1, X gets one grade=1 and two
grade=3 votes, and Y gets one grade=3 and two grade=2 votes.  In Precinct
P2, X gets one grade=0 and two grade=1 votes, and Y gets one grade=2 and two
grade=0 votes.

Joe Weinstein
Long Beach, CA USA