[EM] Re: The Electoral College (was Interesting use of Borda count)

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 11:07:21 PST 2002

Mr. Cretney wrote-

So, my point is that it may be quite rational for the majority in a
smaller state to favour the current system.  I'm not saying that I know
this to be the case, just that it still seems possible to me, despite
the arguments I've heard.
----
D- Even local majorities in an overall totally evil indirect minority rule
system just love the *system*.

Thus --- folks in small States just love having their above average power to
elect U.S. Reps (1 per State regardless of the number of voters), to elect
U.S. Senators (2 per State regardless of the number of voters) and to elect
U.S. Presidents (via the machinations of the Electoral College -- i.e.
regardless of the ratio of the number of voters/ EC votes in such small
States).

The crisis will come one of these days when the ANTI-Democracy leadership of
one of the so-called major parties in D.C. causes an *extreme* law to be
passed -- with a *severe* reaction.