[EM] Re: Field of 15 Run for New Orleans Mayor

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 20:17:38 PST 2002

How many of those candidates would someone vote for or rank?

Maybe about 1, if they have any taste. And, you know, sometimes the
best statement that you can make is to not vote, unless NOTA is
added.

Don't rank all the candidates just because rank balloting is used.
Including someone in your ranking implies acceptance of them, just
as voting for a Democrat or Republican validates that "choice".

I personally feel that, with a good voting system, like Approval,
NOTA isn't needed. But the lineup you listed might deserve a NOTA
vote, though of course the article didn't tell all about all the
candidates. Of the candidates described, Singleton seems the only
one who deserves a vote. But, as I said, from the article, we might
not have enough information about him either.

Mike Ossipoff