[EM] Pairwise Margins

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Mon Jan 7 12:56:13 PST 2002

So far Blake Cretney (or his clone, Blake Cretney) holds the record of 20
factions or fewer for generating an arbitrary 5X5 pairwise margin matrix.

If someone as skeptical as Blake about the value of this exercise can do
that well, surely someone else can beat it.

In Blake's method the number of factions for an n by n matrix has a second
degree polynomial growth law. Is there a constant k such that the number
of factions needed is less than k*n*log(n) ?

Forest