[EM] 12/23/02 - Show Us The Ballots Mikeo!!

Narins, Josh josh.narins at lehman.com
Mon Dec 23 10:47:58 PST 2002

Hey Donald, you wrote this...

--------------

Mikeo: "One advantage that Runoff has over IRV is that, with Runoff, at
least a CW can't lose if s/he comes in 1st or 2nd in the 1st balloting,
whereas in IRV a CW can lose even if s/he's the favorite of by far the most
people. The scenario in which that happens isn't at all implausible. It
requires only that candidates' favoriteness support taper gradually for
candidates  farther away from that Plurality winner CW. Then, the
eliminations at the extremes, and the centerward transfers, will reach
candidates adjacent to that CW before they reach the CW, and the CW will
likely be eliminated.
   IRV's poor social utility scores in simulations resulted from the
frequent elimination of median candidates, probably happening largely as
described above."

Donald:  You should be ashamed of yourself.  This is merely more of the same
gobbledegook that you have been handing out for the last five years. It is
clear you haven't learned much in five years.  People are not going to think
you are super smart just because they don't understand what the hell it is
you are talking about.

--------------

Donald,
	Aren't you the same savant who talks about 'garbage votes?'
	I think I have fun and say "donald is garbage!"
	It is fun!
	It is like getting ice cream, and watching Donald's ice cream land
in his lap!
	But no! Do not try it! It is _rude_ and people will say things.
	But I don't care. I am carefree. I am sugarfree.
	Too bad your ice cream is in your lap, Donald.
	Hey, did you get my FREAKING gobbledygook? Do you understand? Is
your bullshit starting to occlude your vision? Is your smell-sensor (nose)
detecting any crap? I'd look in my seat, if I were you, Donald.
	I may be no supra-genius (that would hardly be the point,
regardless) but you smell.
	Donald is a smelly.
-Josh