Mikeo, man of many typos. List expulsion poll.

Alex Small asmall at physics.ucsb.edu
Sun Dec 22 00:20:02 PST 2002

MIKE OSSIPOFF said:
> Don didn't read the message that he was replying to. My posting
> was about CS, a method in whichk, unlike in Approval, the Democrats
> could sometimes gain by voting for the progressive candidate as well as
> the Democrat.

More fool me:  I took Donald's characterization at face value and defended
your message in the context of Approval.  I was in a hurry when replying.

> 1. Yes or No on declaring a members' request that Craig Carey no longer
>    be allowed to post to EM

I vote no.

As incoherent as he is, there have been other list members whose messages
contained fairly extreme statements.  Demorep is an obvious example.  I
agreed with Demorep more than I agreed with Craig, but I also clashed with
Demorep at times.  Overall, though, I thought that Demorep had interesting
things to say.  Likewise, although Craig is almost completely incoherent,
removing him would set a bad precedent.

Note:  A short time ago Craig and I had a rather sharp personal exchange.
Without divulging details of any messages that I agreed to keep private,
he was quite over the top in some of his assertions about me and other
list members.  He uses standard tricks of psychological manipulation and
control, but he needs more practice (the best places to practice are
jails, college dorms, 12 Step meetings, and small towns).  So while I
understand Mike's reasons for this poll, in the end I think Craig should
remain until he decides to unsubscribe.

> 2. Yes or No on declaring a members' request that Don Davison no
>    longer be allowed to post to EM.

I vote no.

Donald's posts are generally far less bitter than Craig's, and far more
coherent.  It would set a bad precedent to remove people for anything but
the most outrageous misbehavior.

Alex

----